Two Sigma Securities, Operations Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, a member of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high-performance, proprietary platform, we facilitate the execution of more than 400 million shares per day.
We are seeking an operations associate to join our Broker Dealer operations team, performing vital middle office functions and participating in projects and initiatives that will help Two Sigma Securities develop and expand this critical business. The position offers exposure to various markets and opportunities to work with several teams in the company, including Trading, Technology, Finance/Accounting and Legal/Compliance.
Candidates should be highly organized with excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must have strong attention to detail along with the ability to multitask. Proven reliability, judgment and responsibility desired. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Working with clearing brokers and counterparties to resolve trade breaks
- Daily and month end reconciliation of positions, cash and P&L versus brokers and admin
- Ensuring that trading systems utilize reconciled information and that all operational procedures and risk controls are set
- Monitoring and resolving locates and potential buy-ins
- Analyzing and processing corporate actions
- Finding opportunities to build new tools and improve existing process flows and controls
- Supporting trading desks
- Coordinating various processes and projects with the Accounting, Legal, Technology and Compliance teams
- Assisting with the onboarding of new strategies and business initiatives
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a strong academic record
- 2 - 5 years of operations experience at a broker dealer or asset management firm
- Experience with settlement processes for equities (domestic and international), options, futures and swap products
- Ability to understand technological workflows across several platforms
- Proficiency with MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Understanding of risk management as it relates to trade support and trade execution
- Series 7 or 99 license is preferred
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.