Two Sigma Ventures Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Two Sigma Ventures (TSV) is the venture capital business of Two Sigma, a technology company in SoHo that explores the fascinating intersection of big data, artificial intelligence & finance currently managing over $59+ billion AUM with 1500+ staff and 250+ PhDs globally. Since we began investing in 2012, TSV has supported nearly 60 companies across a range of industries – you can learn more about them on our website. In addition to providing capital to startups, our team focuses on delivering the value of the Two Sigma Investments network - a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – to all companies in our portfolio. We are one of the few venture capital groups that can tap into such a strong and deep group of technical experts to aid in company evaluation and mentorship, and our long-term capital orientation enables us to focus on companies pursuing big, world-changing ideas.
TSV is seeking an Investment Associate to be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of our investment process.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Exposure to a broad set of companies in multiple industries, from a highly active and outward-facing role in the exciting NYC venture community
- Joining a small team and receiving significant responsibility and experience early in a venture investing career
- Working with the TSV team, and many other groups within Two Sigma, in all parts of the investment process, including sourcing, company evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and ongoing portfolio support and management
- Track record of academic success including a bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Passion for technology and science as evidenced by professional or academic accomplishments in computer science, engineering, math, design or another technical discipline
- 2-5 years of experience evaluating market structure, competitive dynamics, and company financial performance at a leading venture capital fund; or experience in a product management or engineering role at a technology company
- Entrepreneurial and leadership experience
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic
- A desire to work in a creative, imaginative, future-focused setting
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.