Two Sigma Ventures - Intern
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Ventures is an early-stage venture capital fund investing patient financial capital and expert human capital in entrepreneurs using data and engineering to create the future. Through our partnership with Two Sigma Investments, we provide entrepreneurs access to a proprietary network of experts and startup resources to give them a competitive edge. As an early-stage investor, we focus primarily on seed to Series B investment opportunities, and we lead rounds when we believe we can be especially helpful to the company. We often participate in multiple funding rounds throughout the lifecycle of a company, and we always strive to support portfolio companies as they grow. Two Sigma Ventures does not have a specific industry focus, but rather invests across verticals in companies using data science and advanced engineering to transform their industry.
Two Sigma Ventures is the venture capital fund of Two Sigma Investments, a technology-driven asset management company that employs over 1,500 people, including over 200 PhDs, who believe in the power of math, science, data and technology to produce innovative solutions to the world’s challenges. The people of Two Sigma – a dynamic and diverse group of scientists, engineers, and business professionals – are accomplished analytical thinkers and passionate problem solvers.
Two Sigma Ventures is seeking a Summer Investment Associate to be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of our investment process. The role will provide opportunities including, but not limited to:
- Joining a small, fun team and receiving significant responsibility during the summer
- Learning about the landscape of venture capital and early stage technology companies
- Working with the TSV team, and many other groups within Two Sigma, in many parts of the investment process, including sourcing, deal evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and ongoing portfolio management
- Exposure to a broad set of companies, many of which are in the early stages of transforming their industries
- A College Sophomore or Junior interested in a summer internship based in New York City
- Major in a STEM subject and a passion for data and technology
- Previous work in a startup environment
- A collaborative and creative nature with intellectual curiosity
- An ability to code is a plus