Two Sigma Ventures - Intern
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Ventures is an early-stage venture capital fund investing in entrepreneurs using technology to create the future. As an early-stage investor, we focus primarily on seed to Series B investment opportunities, and we lead rounds when we believe we can be especially helpful to the company. We often participate in multiple funding rounds throughout the lifecycle of a company, and we always strive to support portfolio companies as they grow. Two Sigma Ventures invests across many different industries, with a focus on those companies that are leading efforts to create novel enterprise and consumer experiences using data.
Two Sigma Ventures is a strong partner of Two Sigma Investments, a technology-driven asset manager that employs over 1,600 people, including over 250 PhDs, who believe in the power of math, science, data and technology to produce innovative solutions to the world’s challenges. Through our partnership with Two Sigma Investments, we provide entrepreneurs access to a proprietary network of experts and startup resources to give them a competitive edge.
Two Sigma Ventures is seeking a Summer Investment Associate to be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of our investment process. The role will provide opportunities including, but not limited to:
- Joining a small, fun and entrepreneurial team, receiving significant responsibility during the summer
- Learning about the landscape of venture capital and early stage technology companies
- Working with the TSV team, and many other groups within Two Sigma, in many parts of the investment process, including finding new early-stage investment opportunities, company and market evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and ongoing portfolio management
- Exposure to a broad set of companies, many of which are in the early stages of transforming their industries
- Interacting with entrepreneurs in NYC and becoming embedded in the flow of the start-up community
- A College Junior interested in a summer internship based in New York City
- Major in a STEM subject and a passion for data and technology
- Previous work in a startup environment
- A collaborative and creative nature with intellectual curiosity
- Some experience with financial modeling
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA