Two Sigma Ventures - Vice President, Marketing
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Ventures (TSV) is Two Sigma’s venture capital business, investing in early-stage startups across a range of industries that leverage math, data, and advanced science. TSV has invested in over 75 companies since it was started in 2012.
We are hiring an experienced Vice President of Marketing to help us grow brand awareness for Two Sigma Ventures and its individual team members. The Vice President of Marketing will oversee, execute, and optimize all aspects of TSV’s marketing strategy, including development of owned content, events, and TSV’s digital web presence, and will oversee PR efforts including working closely with our portfolio companies on fundraising and product launch announcements. They will have a primary reporting line to one of Two Sigma Ventures’ partners and a secondary reporting line into Two Sigma’s centralized Marketing team. They will work closely with all members of the TSV team, Two Sigma’s Marketing and Communications team, and PR agency. They will have the support of TSV colleagues to help with tactical execution of the strategy including event management and content writing and editing.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated passion for startups and venture capital, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and significant experience building brand awareness through content and events.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Define and lead a marketing strategy to grow the Two Sigma Ventures brand
- Bring creative and ambitious ideas for ways we can reach our core audiences in the VC and startup communities
- Support members of the Two Sigma Ventures team in building their own personal brands
- Establish and manage an events strategy to grow our reach
- Build and manage an editorial calendar
- Manage activity across social media platforms
- Write original content including thought leadership articles, blog posts, website copy, newsletters, and social media copy
- Ensure accuracy, quality, and brand consistency across all communications
- Collect and analyze performance data across channels and platforms and adjust the marketing strategy accordingly
- Advise select TSV portfolio companies on marketing and content strategy
- Work in collaboration with colleagues from TSV, Two Sigma Marketing and Communications, and our portfolio companies, to create, edit, and publish content
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in marketing at a startup or venture capital firm
- Proven ability to produce creative content in a variety of media on a range of topics to generate brand awareness and partner engagement
- Exceptional copywriting, communication, and time management skills
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners
- Ability to work in a startup culture and take on new challenges as needed
- A proactive mentality and ability to independently
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.