Unified Communications Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Unified Communications and Collaboration team’s mission is to provide Two Sigma with better user experiences by modernizing the company’s collaboration infrastructure and introducing best-available cloud solutions where possible. As such, we are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale as we continue to grow globally.
The team is looking for a cloud VC and telephony engineer to re-imagine the future of communications, collaboration and productivity at Two Sigma. Ideally, you are familiar with cloud UCaaS offerings from Microsoft or Google, have in-depth domain knowledge in video conferencing and telephony, and have strong scripting and automation experience.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Streamline our cloud VC and telephony migration efforts by designing scalable and redundant architectures
- Participate in the migration from Skype for Business server to the cloud
- Familiarize yourself with existing Skype for Business server configurations, workflows and app integrations
- Deliver third-party app integrations in the cloud
- Enable migration, co-existence, automation, cross-platform integration and customization to meet business needs
- Take on ownership of cloud VC and telephony administration and engineering for the enterprise
- Root Cause Analysis of connectivity, call quality and performance issues using packet capture tools like Wireshark. Develop an end-to-end view of network flows by leveraging in-house and vendor tools and dashboards.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Strong scripting and automation experience, preferably in Powershell. Python or Java experience is a plus.
- Possess an engineering and solutions mindset by leveraging tools, programming languages, and APIs to automate workflows and enable cross-platform integrations
- Broad knowledge of features and capabilities of cloud UCaaS platforms (such as Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, RingCentral, etc.)
- Expertise in evaluating, designing, configuring, and implementing cloud VC and telephony technologies in an enterprise setting
- Familiarity with specialized telephony features such as call recording, voicemail, fax, audio conferencing, hotlines - IVR & ACD, auto-attendant, click-to-dial.
- Experience with VC hardware deployments and room design (such as Microsoft Teams Room, Google Meet hardware, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- A deep understanding of the security implications and network dependencies of UCC technologies. Ability to apply that knowledge when designing, deploying and troubleshooting the UCC stack.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.