Unified Communications and Collaboration Engineer
New York, New York, United States
The Unified Communications and Collaboration team at Two Sigma is looking for another creative problem solver to re-imagine the future of communications, collaboration and productivity at Two Sigma. Ideally, you are adept in systems and software engineering and are experienced in evaluating, designing, configuring, and implementing hardware and software components for cloud and on-premise voice, video, chat, email and conferencing. This will include ecosystem technologies such as Skype for Business, Exchange, Polycom video conferencing, Pexip, Slack, G-Suite (including Hangouts and Gmail), O365, and RingCentral.
The team’s mission is to provide Two Sigma with better user experiences by modernizing the company’s collaboration infrastructure and introducing best-available cloud solutions where possible. As such, we are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale as we continue to grow globally.
As part of your remit, you will streamline our cloud migration efforts by designing scalable and redundant architectures, and by developing innovative tools to enable co-existence, automation, integrations and customization to meet business needs. You will ensure that our communications and collaboration apps run equally well on laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- 5+ years development, scripting and automation experience using primarily Python, Java, or C#
- Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- A deep understanding of the security implications and network dependencies of UCC technologies. Ability to apply that knowledge when designing, deploying and troubleshooting the UCC stack.
- Experience with cloud migrations in the telephony, conferencing and email/messaging space (examples include G-Suite, O365, RingCentral, Slack)
- Experience or knowledge of maintaining communications and collaboration platforms in the cloud (examples include G-Suite, O365, RingCentral, Slack)
- Knowledge of on-premises Microsoft Skype and Exchange design and operation as well as Powershell and .NET
- Experience with deploying and optimizing the performance of UCC apps on mobile platforms.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Mobility, with prior experience designing and implementing MDM and MAM platforms desirable (such as Blackberry Dynamics, MobileIron, AirWatch, Google MDM).