University Relations Manager - Quantitative Research
New York, New York, United States
The Quantitative Research University Relations Manager is responsible for creating and executing Two Sigma’s University Relations strategy, including determining core schools and students to target, developing branding campaigns for Two Sigma’s campus presence, and maintaining relationships with key universities and professors. This role reports to the Head of Modeling & Trading Recruiting and will work closely with senior leaders in the Quantitative Research organization as well as with the Quantitative Research Recruiting team.
- Partner with Quantitative Research business leaders to develop Quantitative Research University Relations strategy and focus
- Develop creative ways to increase the company’s brand and profile on campus
- Work with the Campus Recruiting team to determine intern and full-time campus hiring goals and source and close candidates
- Create a talent pipeline of entry level campus talent by attending career fairs and info sessions, meeting with professors, attending conferences, and directly sourcing Quantitative Research talent
- Manage the full-cycle campus recruiting process including sourcing and identifying students, extending offers, and closing candidates
- Visit universities year-round to create new and strengthen existing university relations by meeting with chairs and professors of various academic departments and partnering with student organizations.
- Attract tenured or assistant professors to Two Sigma for either full-time or consulting engagements
- Partner with Talent Analytics to establish and maintain a suite of reports to track success of campus efforts and make recommendations for improvements through metrics-based evaluation
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 5 years of university relations and campus recruiting experience
- Previous human resources, program management or recruiting experience for a Quantitative Research population
- Deep knowledge of tech and financial industries
- An interest in Mathematics/Statistics or a STEM degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate and forge strong relationships with professors and industry experts
- Experience executing a full lifecycle campus strategy
- Willingness to travel significantly and attend events/conferences
- Excellent planning, organizational, and facilitation skills