VP, Portfolio Operations - Sightway Capital
New York, New York, United States
Sightway Capital is a Two Sigma company focused on middle market growth equity investing in financial services and real assets. The company employs a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners. The team at Sightway Capital thinks long-term, targeting business opportunities that we believe afford both asymmetric risk rewards and enterprise value creation over time. They look for opportunities in and around several asset-intensive industries where our team has significant experience and a network of long-standing relationships. For more information, please visit sightwaycapital.com.
This individual will work on equity value creation opportunities by teaming with the Sightway investment team, Finance team and the Management teams we partner with at our portfolio companies. This role will involve solving for present day impediments to a company’s growth plans, as well as seeking solutions to problems that may not yet be fully recognized. It is a hands-on roll, across a wide spectrum of activities and is responsible for assisting our portfolio companies from formation/acquisition to exit. Consequently, this role will have a broad range of responsibilities such as assisting in financial and operational diligence efforts, standing up portfolio company operations, portfolio monitoring and ad hoc projects.
- Work with the Sightway Investment and Management teams to support investment related projects (e.g. investment diligence, monitoring enhancements, on-going value creation opportunities)
- Identify and execute value creation opportunities, via hands-on support in portfolio company operations
- Build relationships with Management teams and outside vendors, in order to share best practices, tools and relationships across the portfolio
- Ability to step into interim finance and operational roles at portfolio companies in order to facilitate company stand-ups and key transformations
- Consult with investment and management teams to assist in reporting, budgeting, planning and forecasting processes and best practices
- Identify areas of deficiency and enhance processes, infrastructure and capabilities of the business
- Provide ad hoc analytical support and maintain data and reporting associated with assisting our portfolio companies
- Bachelor’s degree or greater; professional accreditations, e.g. CPA, CFA, etc. viewed favorably
- 10-15 years of experience working in accounting and finance roles with a focus on private equity. Preferably a combination of PE consulting and industry operational roles.
- Conceptual understanding of business processes and infrastructure necessary for a business to scale
- Familiarity with the private equity investment life-cycle
- Excellent analytical, project management and problem solving skills
- Self-driven individual with excellent communication skills and a collaborative working style
- Positive attitude and desire to lead projects to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.