Vice President, Consultant Relations
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma solves hard problems and Investor Relations at Two Sigma partners with our investors and investment consultants to help solve their hard problems. Backed by our systematic, process-driven, highly instrumented, intelligent approach to investment management, we can create flexible, customized solutions to meet the specific needs of our investors. Investors trust us with their assets, and we’re sound fiduciaries entrusted to plan for their long-term goals.
Beyond our systematic strategies which invest in the public markets, Two Sigma has been investing in private markets for the last decade and has built dedicated and experienced private investing teams and resources to support its private equity, private credit and venture capital investing. Two Sigma applies its expertise in data science and technology, its culture of continuous innovation, learning and development, and its countless corporate and technical resources, to reinvent the way in which the world views private market investments.
Our approach is consultative, enabling a more substantive conversation. In contrast to much of the industry, our Investor Relations individuals are not merely “selling products” – rather, our aim is to help our investors understand our philosophy, and believe in our approach.
Investor Relations professionals at Two Sigma speak the language of science, as well as the language of our investors. They’re the bridge between the work that we do and the investors for whom we do it.
We are seeking a Consultant Relationship Manager to join our Investor Relations team, encompassing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Communicating Two Sigma’s unique vision and investment process to institutional consultants, focusing primarily on our private market offerings and effectively positioning Two Sigma as a truly differentiated provider of investment solutions;
- Managing consultant-intermediated relationships and partnering with Client Relationship Managers to grow opportunity set with consultants;
- Attending/hosting meetings and calls with consultants;
- Collaborating closely with colleagues across Investor Relations, Client Portfolio Management, and investment teams on a broad range of consultant and client-related efforts;
- Potential for broader prospecting and client relationship management responsibilities depending on a candidate’s experience.
- Two Sigma Private Investments is an exciting area of growth for the firm and the successful candidate will be an important contributor to expanding the breadth and depth of the platform and advancing our reputation in the space.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Track record of professional and academic success including a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree such as an MBA or a CFA designation can be a plus.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a similar role positioning private markets strategies with sophisticated institutional consultants.
- Ability to articulate investment strategies in a straightforward, comprehensible manner.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to operate collaboratively in a team-environment.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.