Windows Platform Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a Windows Platforms Engineer to serve as a primary provider of Windows Server platforms at Two Sigma. In this role you will be exposed to multiple IT subject areas including on-prem, virtual, and bare metal servers, infrastructure as a code, cloud platforms such as Azure and Google Cloud, O365 platform management, SCOM monitoring, as well as SCCM automations and image deployment. The successful candidate can run, execute, and deliver their own projects, collect requirements, develop business cases, and be meticulous with documentation.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Designing, developing, maintaining and expanding Windows server platforms on premise and in cloud environments
- Architecting and maintaining solutions that utilize core Windows file services such as DFS, DFSR, and SMB
- Improving a number of custom sophisticated scripts as well as automations written primarily in, but not limited to, PowerShell or Python
- Participate in a triage and on-call rotation readily handling various consult requests as well as Windows platforms troubleshooting
- Regularly contributing, maintaining, and improving the team’s internal as well as end user facing knowledge base
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering, or related field and 5+ years of experience building and supporting Windows platforms
- In depth working knowledge of Windows Server infrastructure and troubleshooting
- Experience with Windows file systems and services such as DFS, DFSN, or DFSR
- Proficiency with a scripting language (PowerShell or Python preferred)
- Track record in successfully delivering large scale, geo-distributed, complex projects in an enterprise environment
- Experience with SCCM, SCOM, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.