Workplace Experience Coordinator Cornell
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Investments, LP (TSI) is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages over $50 billion in assets and employs more than 1,200 people globally. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com.
We are seeking an organized and adaptable Workplace Experience Assistant/Coordinator (WEA/C) to join TSI’s Workplace Services (WPS) team at Two Sigma's Collision Lab at Cornell Tech on Roosevelt Island. For more information, please visit https://www.twosigma.com/about/collision-lab/#collision-lab. The ideal candidate will have experience in office services, facilities and/or events-related support and will be willing to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. The role will report to the Head of Office Services.
The WEA/C will serve as the main point of contact, representing the WPS team, in supporting the teams of employees that reside on the designated floor. He/she will also org anize and coordinate office administration and facilities-related procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety, and will be responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and event & meeting logistical support.
The ideal candidate will play an integral role in providing service to the TSI team and identifying opportunities to create efficiencies in our workplace and programs. In addition, the WEA/C is an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and is experienced in handling a wide range of workplace-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Serve as the point person for reception and guest relations, facilities-related maintenance and support, office services and other workplace-related functions
- Provide general support to visitors and employees
- Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled basis, to ensure partner alignment with stakeholders
- Maintain the office floor’s common areas and meeting spaces
- Manage meeting space calendars
- Partner with WPS to maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with the Systems department on all office equipment and technology
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and building management/engineers
- Manage relationships with office vendors and service providers
- Responsible for creating PowerPoint slides and making presentations
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Minimum of Bachelor’s level degree, three-five years of related experience
- Working knowledge of computers and the operation of standard office machines as well as computer programs (Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and equivalents, etc.)
- Display excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks, with a priority on meeting deadlines
- Must demonstrate innovation, initiative, and the ability to work independently when needed
- Must have familiarity with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Display sensitivity and responsiveness to confidential information