Execution Trader: Bonds & Equities
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking an experienced execution trader to join the growing Shanghai office. The position entails executing trades, monitoring orders and positions, liaising with trading counter-parties, and staying abreast of market events and developments. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate with portfolio managers, researchers and software engineers globally to design new trading tools as needed and analyze slippage and other trading costs. The ideal candidate would have experience with trading both bonds and equities on-shore in China.
As a technology company, the ideal candidate would have an engineering background. The candidate will need to work closely with engineering teams in the company headquarters in New York and locally in Shanghai to support and maintain the electronic trading infrastructure for China.
Primary responsibilities are:
Execute trades for a portfolio trading Chinese bonds on the China Interbank Market (CIBM) and equities on the relevant exchanges.
- Support the portfolio manager and execute trades accurately
- Monitor trading activity
- Understand market conditions, including China macro climate and events, market structure, and regulatory rules and initiatives and how they impact trading
- Maintain regular contact with executing brokers, financing counter-parties, and custodians
Additional responsibilities may include:
Support the electronic trading system; collaborate with other global Two Sigma offices (e.g., in New York, Tokyo) to:
- Respond to trading outages and counterparty issues, resolve system-level issues in real-time, and restore service to ensure that we are able to trade
- Manage troubleshooting, issue-resolution and post-mortem tracking for issues that have impacted the trading system
- Address ad hoc questions from engineering, risk, compliance, and operations
- Required qualifications:
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- 2+ years of experience trading China bonds
- 2+ years of experience trading China equities
- Certified as a CIBM Dealer
- Fund Practicing Qualification holder
- Bachelor's degree from a top university
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated reliability, judgment, and responsibility
- Able to use programming languages (e.g., Java, Python, etc.) to complete scripting and data analysis tasks; comfort with Linux/Unix environment is a plus
- Experience with analysis, debugging, automation, and improvement of software performance