Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Affiliate Engineering at Two Sigma designs, builds, and supports the complex infrastructure for Two Sigma’s subsidiaries and affiliate businesses. They collaborate across departments to engineer and deliver end to end IT systems that address the complexity of the problems we solve. They keep the organization at the forefront of cutting-edge Cloud technologies across the globe.
As a Systems Engineer in our growing Shanghai office, you will be responsible for first line system administration and support of users both at the office and remote, workstations and laptops, conference room technology, networks, and various applications.
Your primary responsibilities revolve around:
· Shanghai office systems infrastructure and end user technical needs
· Understand, evaluate and communicate the technical and engineering needs of the Shanghai office with the engineering teams in New York
· Ensure broad Systems needs of all Shanghai office end-users and infrastructure are met including but not limited to:
· User on & off boarding (account setup and termination, license allocation); Desk setup (monitors, docking station, peripherals); security card access, AV conference room management; Instant Messaging (MS Teams management); Ticketing/ITSM (Jira or equivalent)
· Supporting the trading efforts of Two Sigma between China and other global offices
· Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
· BA or BS in Engineering or Computer Science
· 3-5+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or Systems Support in dynamic, fast-paced environments
· Experience administering and engineering various infrastructure systems, preferably at a startup, small to mid-sized company or at a satellite office of a larger company.
· Familiarity with a trading environment and support of time sensitive systems, be able to work calmly and escalate properly.
· Solid understanding of ITSM and ITIL.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Documentation best practices.
· Customer oriented, able and interested in working with end users, and communicate technical matters in an easy to understand language.
· Ability to work independently, exhibit great discipline, take initiative, and exercise good judgement.
· Ability to work on a flexible schedule due to the time difference between NYC and Shanghai with on-call / emergency support.
· Ability and desire to work in a collaborative team both within Affiliate Engineering as well as the broader Two Sigma engineering teams.
· Fund practicing qualification would be a plus
· Broad understanding of all aspects of systems engineering including: Azure Active Directory, Windows desktops builds and configuration, Windows and Linux servers, networking, basic Citrix, basic scripting as well as Information Security and Network Security practices.
· MS Cloud including: Azure File shares, Azure Information Protection, Conditional Access Policies, Autopilot and Intune for mobile device management. Office365: OneDrive, Office365 Suite and licensing
· Linux Server administration
· FTP / SFTP
· Okta or equivalent identity provider service
· Basic VoIP knowledge
· WeChat setup