Data Operations Analyst
Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented data operations specialist to join our innovative Tokyo team. You'll be part of a close knit, dynamic team of passionate individuals critical to the success of Two Sigma's business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners, software engineers, data analysts and other data operations specialists to understand business processes
- Recommend, develop, and perform data management workflows
- Update data management policies and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Apply predefined acceptance and quality criteria to guarantee the integrity of financial data sets
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- A desire to grow your personal knowledge of finance and trading.
- Advanced English verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Exposure to Bash, Python or other similar languages, comfortable with spreadsheets, familiarity with SQL and the UNIX command line.
You would ideally have:
- Professional experience within data operations or a similar discipline.
- Hands-on experience performing data management and data quality tasks in data intensive environments.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Employer-paid life & disability insurance, Subsidized health insurance and benefits through the FTFHIA
- Perks: Gym reimbursement, Wellness activities, Casual dress
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, Conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days