Portfolio Finance – Tokyo
Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Our Portfolio Financing team is responsible for the management of our executing, clearing and prime brokerage relationships and is part of the larger Financial Resource Management (FRM) group at Two Sigma.
We are seeking a Tokyo based portfolio finance professional to join our global team to develop and improve our relationships with financing partners. The goal is to optimize services, costs and access across each of the businesses, markets and asset classes in which the company operates. If you are proficient in Mandarin and are passionate about joining a fast-paced, dynamic team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage all of firm’s APAC based equity finance and stock borrow processes including daily sourcing of inventory on behalf Two Sigma's systematic and discretionary strategies
- Negotiate commercial terms, financing costs and margin requirements for the firm’s strategies, including the management and optimization of the firm's wallet with counterparties
- Manage projects such as researching and launching new markets or products for trading expansion or optimization, inclusive of cryptocurrencies
- Lead initiatives that improve and expand how we partner with our brokers
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s with Honours in field of Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related
- 7-12 years of work experience in Securities Lending, Fixed Income Financing, Prime Brokerage or Equity Swap/Portfolio Financing from either asset management or investment banking industries with a focus on APAC markets (familiarity with programming and data analytics a plus)
- Proficiency in spoken Mandarin required and Japanese a plus
- Strong understanding of financing and market access structures; futures, options and fixed income repo markets
- Ability to dive into a wide variety of issues, such as, operations, tax, legal, compliance, risk, general business terms, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently and drive complex, cross-functional projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of project planning and project control
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholder groups
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.